Friday, May 22, 2009

One More Hour

Unlike some mothers I've seen crying on the first day of school, I cry on the last day of school. I'm sitting here crying right now. My kids get out of school for the summer in less than an hour:-( Don't get me wrong, I really love my boys, but they drive me crazy!! All they do is play video games and fight. Summers here are terribly hot (over 100 degrees!) and the boys are cooped up in the air conditioned house all day unless they are out back playing in the water.

My 7 year old is playing baseball this summer and he has 3 games a week for the next month. My 12 year old didn't want to play baseball this year, he would rather sit around and play video games and text girls on his cell phone all day.

Hopefully, I can survive the next 11.5 weeks!

1 comment:

Little Dickens Designs said...

I'd go crazy too if it was too hot to enjoy the outside. I tend to wilt in the heat, probably why I live in Vermont. Good luck on the next 11.5 weeks. Remind your 12 yo he's almost old enough to get a job!